These Paleo Almond Butter Cookies are the perfect treat! They have the taste and texture of your favorite cookies, without the refined-sugar and gluten! This is by far one of my favorite recipes on my site. These cookies have received rave reviews from health enthusiasts and healthy food skeptics alike! For all my vegan friends, you can substitute the egg for a flax-egg, and your cookies will be just as good! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my house does :)
- 1 egg (or substitute flax egg)
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Chocolate chips (I like to use 100% cacao chunks)
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Whisk together wet ingredients
- Slowly stir in dry ingredients
- Fold in chocolate chips/chunks of choice
- Place parchment paper over a baking pan and use a cookie scoop or large tablespoon to drop dough onto baking sheet. Gently flatten the dough with your hand.
- Bake in the oven for 10-13 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden.
- Wait for them to cool, and enjoy!