You guys, I seriously cannot contain my excitement about these brownies! The combination of avocado and chocolate may seem strange, but I promise you- It is truly a match made in heaven. The creamy consistency of the avocado compliments the strong, rich flavor of raw cacao powder. You're going to want to make these grain-free, sweetener-free brownies as soon as possible!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup creamy cashew butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (I use Kamen Foods brand)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- For the topping: 1/4 cup cashew butter + 2 tablespoons of MCT Oil or plain melted coconut oil
Mix all the ingredients besides the avocado together in a large bowl.
Transfer to the food processor and add the avocado. Pulse until completely smooth.
Bake at 350F for 12 minutes.
Let brownies cool and mix together the cashew butter and MCT Oil for the topping and spread.
I garnished mine with shredded coconut and they are absolutely delicious
Store in fridge up to one week!
- Please note that this recipe is Keto, meaning there is no added sweetener. However, if you are not strict Keto, feel free to add a few tablespoons of maple syrup or honey to taste.
- For the MCT Oil in the topping, I used Natural Force Emulsified Vanilla MCT Oil and it is absolutely delicious!