If i’m putting something in my body, I want it to be completely natural! I played tennis competitively all the way through college, and water was the only thing you’d find on my court. My college tennis coaches and trainers would try and force me to drink neon colored sports drinks and other weird powders with all sorts of refined sugars, preservatives, and artificial ingredients, but I refused (and I stand by that decision)! As a nutrition student now, I’m learning just how important proper hydration is! So I came up with my own recipe for a DIY sports drink packed with electrolytes and hydrating ingredients that will power you through your workout!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 cups filtered water
- 2 cups 100% coconut water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg's brand)
- 1-2 tablespoons makuna honey
- 2 teaspoons magnesium calcium powder (I use Natural Vitality brand, you can find it at Whole Foods or on Amazon).
- 1/4 teaspoon high quality salt (I use Redmond Real Salt).
- Combine filtered water and coconut oil
- Add magnesium calcium powder, and your high quality salt
- Add lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and honey and mix well
- Store in fridge
- Drink during your workouts, or when you need a boost of hydration!