I know what you're thinking! How are they so blue?! Well, I used Pearl Butter's Smarty Pantsuit (AKA Brain Butter) which is an adaptogenic coconut butter infused with Spirulina and Gingko. Spirulina's main bioactive is C-phycocyanin, a pigment-protein with powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and neuroprotective effects! In addition, Gingko is one of the most commonly taken herbs for brain health. So get ready to fuel your body with these gorgeous bites that taste like an absolute dream! They're made with minimal ingredients, and have no added sweeteners!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup Pearl Butter (use my discount code 'lexiborr' at checkout for 20% off your first order)
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 2 scoops of Natural Force Marine Collagen Peptides
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the topping: 2 tablespoons of pearl butter + 1 tablespoon of MCT Oil (or melted coconut oil)
- Add all of the ingredients to the food processor and blend until completely smooth. The consistency should be quite loose.
- Lay batter on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and transfer to fridge for atleast 30 minutes.
- Mix together the pearl butter and MCT Oil for the topping in a bowl and top.
- After the topping layer is smoothly spread, transfer back to fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut and serve!
- Store in fridge up to a week!
- If you don't have Pearl Butter, regular coconut butter will work just fine. However, note that it won't have the same vibrant blue color!
- If you don't have Further Foods Collagen Powder, any collagen peptides would work.
- If you want to make this recipe vegan, simply omit the collagen peptides altogether.