Tiffany Knapper and I proudly present our Mood Boosting Macaroons- A healthy, adaptogen macaroon that comes in baby blue and light pink! We filled these macaroons with real food ingredients, natural food coloring, healthy fats and a few mood-boosting superfoods.
· 3 cups dried finely shredded coconut
· 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
· ½ cup melted coconut oil
· 2 tablespoons maple syrup
· 2-3 tablespoons dried coconut shreds (keep separate)
· ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
· ¼ teaspoon teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2 scoops collagen peptides
· 1 teaspoon Tocos
· ½ teaspoon Ashwaganda
· 2 teaspoon blue-green algae powder (for blue)
· 2 teaspoon beet powder (for pink)
1.) In a food processor, add 3 cups of dried coconut shreds, almond flour, and melted coconut oil. Add the maple syrup, beet or algae powder, vanilla extract and salt and pulse until well combined.
2.) Fold in additional 2-3 tablespoons of dried shredded coconut.
3.) Transfer dough into the fridge for 1 hour to let harden.
4.) Using a tablespoon, scoop in balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
3.) Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator up to one week.