These cookies are decadent, slightly dense, sweet but not TOO sweet, and full of simple, hearty ingredients. I don't know about you, but something about the combination of banana and chocolate chips reminds me of childhood! Also, feel free to substitute cashew butter for almond butter or sunflower seed butter for nut allergy purposes! These cookies are also really, really easy to make. You won't need to worry about a food processor, in fact I used a mixing bowl and a fork- and they came together in a flash. This recipe makes approximately 12 small cookies, feel free to double the recipe for a bigger batch. Hope you love them!
As always be sure to send me any pictures of your own batch!
- 1 cup gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 large ripe mashed banana
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter (or any other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until well combined
- Make balls using dough and place on baking sheet. Flatten balls to approximately 1 inch thickness.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!