This recipe is absolutely delicious! I've only tried it with blueberries, but feel free to replace the blueberries with 1/2 cup of your favorite fruit. Next time, I'm thinking strawberry! Instead of using my recipe for the crust (which does take extra time) you could definitely use 3 cups of Purely Elizabeth Blueberry Hemp Ancient Grain Granola, and add 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil when you blend to form the crust layer. I prefer my crust (obviously) because it has dates instead of coconut sugar, which is just a personal preference of mine. Regardless, this recipe is an absolute dream! I
For the crust:
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (I used Bob's Red Mills Old Fashioned Gluten Free Oats)
- 1 cup raw chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (keep aside)
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates (keep aside)
For the cheesecake layer:
- 2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 325F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the crust layer a on a baking sheet and mix until well combined. Make sure you leave out the coconut oil and dates (that will be added in after you bake)
- Pour onto baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes (shake the tray after 15 minutes or so to mix) Then, let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, combine crust layer with melted coconut oil and dates that you left aside. Pulse until well combined.
- Spread and press firmly onto an 8x8 pan covered in parchment paper.
- Let sit in the freezer for 30 minutes while you work on the cheesecake layer.
- Add cashews, melted coconut oil, blueberries, and lemon juice to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Remove crust from freezer, and spread the cheesecake layer on top. It may be easiest to use your hands!
- Top with whatever you like! I sprinkled shredded coconut on top. Fresh fruit, chopped nuts, chocolate chips would also be delicious!
- Place back in the freezer for 1 hour before cutting into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month!
As always, be sure to snap a picture of your batch and share it on Instagram! You can find me @lexiborr !