Holy chocolate... These raw brownies are good. Made with just a few simple ingredients, but oh so decadent. Raw, Vegan and Gluten-free so that you can indulge in REAL FOOD!
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons melted/cooled unrefined coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- For the frosting:
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate (I use 100% cacao by Eating Evolved)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted/cooled unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place 1 cup walnuts and 1 cup pecans in food processor and pulse until ground
- Add the cacao powder, dates, and sea salt and pulse until a dough consistency is achieved. You may want to add the dates in slowly, instead of all at once.
- Add the brownie mixture to a small parchment lined 8x8 dish. Then press down with hands until the dough is flat
- Place in freezer or fridge to chill for 10-15 minutes before cutting
- While the brownies are chilling, work on the frosting.
- Add coconut milk to a saucepan and heat until warm.
- Add chocolate, salt, maple syrup and melted coconut oil and mix.
- Set in fridge for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Frost brownies and then top with additional nuts, bee pollen, cacao nibs (up to you!)
- Slice into even squares, and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week