When me and my fellow wellness loving friend, Tiffany, get together it almost always involves matcha and food. Naturally, we got together and created these delicious No-Bake Matcha Energy Bites. We used Natural Force Vanilla Whey Protein for an added boost that has no artificial ingredients and is sourced from USDA Organic, grass-fed, free-range, American Humane Certified, heritage-breed Jersey cows. When choosing a protein powder, it is so important to do your research and find a company you trust. If you want to make these vegan, replace with your favorite plant-based protein powder (or replace with 1/2 cup of coconut flour instead).
In addition, the matcha will give you sustained energy. Did you know Samurai, the warriors of medieval and early-modern Japan, drank Matcha green tea before going into battle due to the tea’s energizing properties?! All green tea naturally contains caffeine, however, the energy boost from Matcha is largely due to its unique combination of other nutrients. The increased endurance from Matcha Green Tea can last up to 6 hours because of the effects of L-Theanine. Matcha does not come along with the usual side-effects of stimulants such as nervousness and anxiety. It’s a healthy, clean energy!
- 2 scoops of Natural Force vanilla whey protein
- 1/4 cup creamy cashew butter
- 1/4 unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons melted/cooled coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add protein powder and matcha powder to the food processor and pulse until a fine mixture is formed.
- Add the cashew butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and coconut butter and pulse until well combined.
- Add in the almond milk and pulse until a dough-like consistency forms.
- Roll the dough into 1” balls, or use a cookie scoop.
- The protein bites should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.