I LOVE carrot cake. My grandma used to make carrot loaf for every holiday and it was my absolute favorite. This morning, I whipped up a paleo version! These muffins are moist, perfectly sweet and filled with whole foods goodness.
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped raw walnuts (optional)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 tbsp melted/cooled coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and add apple sauce, honey, almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until well combined.
- Fold in the shredded carrots and chopped walnuts.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tins, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days, or freeze them!