I've only lived in Nashville for about six months now, but I can honestly say it feels like home! There are so many awesome restaurants and cafe's that you should definitely check out if you're ever in town! I get asked all the time what some of my favorite spots are, so I put together this list for y'all. The Nashville food scene is exploding, and it is so much more than southern food and hot chicken. This list will expand over time, so stay tuned!
A few of my favorite casual restaurants and cafe's!
- Cafe Roze is a Nashville-must! Located in East Nashville, the menu is on point whether you're health-conscious or not. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner so I recommend it any time of day! The food is always delicious and get ready to fall in love with the pink walls and cutest interior of all time. I always get a turmeric latte, and the Roze Bowl.
- EIO & The Hive stands for EVERYTHING IS ORGANIC. Everything on the menu is delicious, from avocado toast to nourishing rotisserie chicken. They also have a wide selection of coffee, teas, and other drinks. Highly recommend!
- AVO is a completely plant-based, vegan restaurant. The menu changes with the seasons and i've never had anything I didn't like! I am addicted to the Kimchi Spring Rolls and pretty much require them at least once a week. The Kale caesar is out of this world, and the fact that the dressing is made with walnuts blows my mind (I would bet money it was parmesan if I didn't know it was a vegan restaurant). They also make an Avocado Margherita which is unbelievable!
- Sunflower Cafe is a friendly counter-service vegetarian joint with loads of vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free options! This place knows how to cook their vegetables, and make the best veggie burger I've ever had. EVER. Also, they have daily chef specials! Love the atmosphere at this place.
- The Wild Cow serves vegetarian and vegan food in a casual, laid back environment in East Nashville! Everything is delicious from the vegan queso, to the veggie quinoa bowl! The menu has more options than any vegetarian spot i've visited. 10/10!
- Five Daughters Donuts is a true Nashville treasure! They have the most delicious paleo donut I've ever had. They also have vegan donuts, but I haven't tried one yet. Don't leave Nashville without one!
- Lulu is an energetic spot with delicious grain bowls, rotisserie chicken, sandwiches, AND self serve dairy-free soft serve! Oh! and AVOCADO FRIES.
Favorite upscale restaurants!
- Adele's is one of my favorite date night spots. It was one of the first restaurants I visited in Nashville and I was so impressed! They have the most delicious kale salad in the world, and I always get the J.W Chicken! It's basically comfort food sourced from local farms and focused on seasonal ingredients. It's definitely not a health food restaurant, though you can DEFINITELY find healthy options on the menu!
- Butcher and Bee serves the freshest, most flavorful food around. This is one of those places where you literally will want to order the entire menu. The hummus, whipped feta, avocado crispy rice, and grilled eggplant are a few of my favorites but all of the dishes are so unique and creative. Awesome drinks, and don't forget about dessert (two words: Phatty cakes).
- Husk Nashville is a classy southern restaurant celebrating regional ingredients. I've only been once but will definitely be back very soon because the food is amazing, and I love the atmosphere!
- Kayne Prime is probably one of the only places I will order a steak. It's definitely on the pricey side, but It might be the best bite of filet you've ever had. The first time IAlso, don't forget the sides. Or the Banana Bread desert. This place is perfect for an occasion or celebration!
- 5th & Taylor is a gorgeous rustic-industrial restaurant serving the most amazing, yet simple food. HIGHLY recommend!
- Rolf and Daughters is one of my favorite restaurants maybe anywhere...ever. They have the most amazing pastured chicken dish that I've gotten twice now! They also have fun cocktails...Perfect for date night or a dinner out with friends!
- Chaulan Ale & Masala House is a unique Indian restaurant in sort of a random area of Nashville, but do not be alarmed! The food is exceptionally fresh, innovative, and full of flavor. I got the chicken kebab with a lentil daal- it was so simple, yet so so nourishing. One of my new favorite restaurants in Nashville!